Lookie here, it's one of 'em newfangled blogamajigs.
On the off chance that this blog is ever read by more than the two people who currently know it exists, here's a brief introduction for posterity's sake:
I'm The Gerse. I like to get needlessly annoyed or enamoured with generally mundane occurrences. Thankfully (for me and, I don't know, intellectual masochists?) the world is full of stupid, illogical or just plain silly people and things, so I've got more than enough fodder at my disposal. I enjoy using polysyllabic words and speaking in a slightly more formal and structured manner than one might find in general discourse. I also like littering my speech and writing with colloquialisms and occasionally saying to hell with grammatical norms and sentence structure. It creates a nice little balance.
Also, I'm using a font called Trebuchet. I think that's pretty sweet.
Also, I'm using a font called Trebuchet. I think that's pretty sweet.
Most of the stuff to appear 'round these parts over the coming however-long-until-I-tire-of-this will take the form mediocre Photoshopping or bad MS Painting, reproduced conversations (often from BBM), and quick hit quips. I suppose it's kind of like twitter, just less narcissistic. Targets of my ire and/or adoration range anywhere from the most public of figures, all the way down to the in-effect-nameless guy who was sitting beside me in class yesterday who looked like and was dressed exactly like LeVar Burton in his Star Trek days. Stupidity, absurdity, excellence and humour don't discriminate, so it behoves me not to limit my pool of subjects.
I guess the long-short of all this is that my basic existence is predicated upon amusing myself with my actions (which is how you know I'll make a good dad someday). Hopefully by then I'll have rid myself of this pesky habit of amusing others as a byproduct.
Onward Christian Soldiers!
This is gonna be fun
No comments:
Post a Comment